While we were blabbering away, chatting about how bobbin lace is made, I kept working on my sampler, and huzzah! The body section, which sampled different spider types, is finished! All those ends there are left to thread through backing fabric if I chose to frame it in the end; they’ll be clipped off neatly if I decide to use it in a doily-esque capacity.
Now I’ve started the border, just, and will probably be working on that for some time, so it might be a while before I share this again. The border samples different ground patterns, about an inch or two of each, so there won’t be anything interesting to see until I get through a bunch of them. I’ve only gotten through a couple of rows here, but I’m already so excited to be working on something new!