Ok, guys, it’s the final check-in! (Sorry I’m a day late – I went away for a week and then forgot all about posting, d’oh!) I know some of you are finished with all of your blocks, some are still stitching away – me? I’ve done a lot in the past two weeks, but yikes, there’s still a lot to do!
I decided to get crazy and add an extra 50 blocks (yes, an extra FIFTY blocks) to make my quilt 70″ x 70″. Why? Well, it seemed like a good idea to go the extra miles (or FIFTY miles) and end up with a quilt big enough for my bed. So that takes my total to 196 blocks needed. Hmm. Seemed like a good idea when I started?!
Above, you’ll see:
– 84 finished blocks
– 11 pinned, ready-to-stitch blocks
– 51 basted peels
Wowzers, that means I have 112 still to stitch. I repeat: YIKES!
There must’ve been a miscount somewhere; I thought I was further. But – I have now cut all of my background squares (including the extra 50 I’ve added) and prepped all the remaining peels (including ironing on freezer paper) – shown above. Although there’s still a lot of blocks to get through, there’s something satisfying about having at least reached a point where what I see, I sew. It was making my head a little chaotic being at so many points in the process at once – cutting, basting, ironing, sewing. Even though there’s still 112 to do, I don’t even have to think about it anymore, I can just stitch stitch stitch.
Tomorrow I’ll show you how to prep your blocks for assembly. In the meantime, tell us how you’re doing!