- Taco Kitty Tote by MsSpanner on etsy (I would like this please. Thanks.)
- Tutorial on how to dye long-color-change yarns from FreshStitches
- I love the back on ‘The Quilt Of Fear’ by Alice from Backstitch
- An amazing (and beautiful!) chart for mixing frosting colors from basic food dye – by Oh The Lovely Things, via Pinterest
- Inspiration: Whole Cloth Quilts (something I also *love* and would like to explore one day) from Stitched In Color
- Tips for Single Women, 1938 – from Retronaut, via Twitter (I’m sorry, I forget who tweeted this link! Many apologies!)
- Guitar Lessons illustration by Maxim Dalton, via Pinterest. Oh, how I wish this wasn’t sold out!
Before I leave you with some Flickr pretties, I just want say how sad I was to hear about Adam Yauch’s death a couple of weeks ago – I can’t say why, but this touched me like no ‘celebrity’ death ever has. So many of us have a special place in our hearts for the Beastie Boys – for a band that, on the surface, seemed like a bunch of silly, overgrown children, they had an amazing ability to connect with their listeners in a way no one else has. Like regular old nice guys you might have known from high school – funny, but loyal friends. And I think that’s it really — so many of us grew up with the Beasties (I literally don’t remember a time without them) and, in a way, they grew up with us. This beautifully written tribute by Hua Hsu, published on Grantland, says exactly how I felt in a much more eloquent way than I ever could, and had me in tears by the end. Lovely.
1. Bouquet fabric – my design, 2. sleepy owl, 3. day 181 a, 4. Block 2 – ruching, 5. serial #1521 no 11b, 6. Fawn & Flower Wall Wear, 7. Crazy Dresden, 8. tangerine orange and white zig zag quilt, 9. No.4, completed