- I can’t believe I forgot to point you towards Cate Anevski’s Blog Hop post! Such a dummy. I invited Cate after my post here, and she answered the same questions on her blog over here.
- Part Two of our Summer Nights Stitch-along is online at Sew Mama Sew now!
- A bunch of awesome peeps have posted about the Foldio lately and I totally have toy envy! What an awesome tool – UK shops: pretty please stock this asap, ok?! Thanks.
- My lovely friend Cheryl (aka elephantjuice on IG and Twitter) shared this link about The Worst Star Wars Exhibition Ever. And it really is. But oh god, how I want to go to it. Seriously, so much.
- I’m taking deep breaths and keeping calm, getting ready to make a Sew Together Bag by Sew Demented for the upcoming Fat Quarterly Retreat (not that it’s only a week away and I’m totally running out of time or anything) – I’ll show you my progress soon, but in the meantime, there’s some beautiful versions below and some excellent tips at From The Blue Chair. Wish me luck!
1. Kantschool, 2. Wantage Lacemakers 2013, 3. STLMQG Rip Challenge, 4. Double goosed pincushion, 5. Watching you, 6. Grandmother Flower Garden, 7. Two down one to go!! #tinygeese, 8. a new micro mini sweater, 9. Sew Together Bag Inside, 10. ‘Michael the Magnificent’, 11. Play Around the World Quilt, 12. Beejeebers July block, 13. More random stitches on my art journal #embroidery project!, 14. cherry, 15. Sew Together Bag #5 – sunshine edition, 16. envolée_det
Holy cow, it’s been a long time since I posted a mid-week break! Yikes. My ‘regular feature’ posts were put aside during the chaos that was Christmas and, well, all the surrounding months, so I’ll try to get back into the swing of things over the coming weeks!
- What the what?! I’ve been profiled by Teresa from Canary Knits as part of her Indie Designer Day series! That’s totally crazy!
- Love love love this Log Lady Print by Danadamki, via Etsy. It’s too perfect!
- Speaking of, it’s no secret that I love 80s and 90s television shows (what’s your favorite? I love recommendations!) and My So-Called Life is one of the very best. I actually came to this show as an adult, but I love it so so so much. The A.V. Club agrees in their article, “My So-Called Life Set The Path All Teen Shows Would Follow”. Indeed.
- The awesome Anne from Beached Librarian tweeted about this average-sized doll (as opposed to Barbie’s unnatural proportions, obviously) that is totally awesome. Lammily, the doll that answers the question, “What if fashion dolls were made using standard human body proportions?” Of course this doll can only be part of a larger, necessary change in the way we promote image to small people, but a doll that is actually a realistic human is certainly an important step.
- The New Heathers Musical Looks Really, Really Bad.Yes. Yes, it does. There’s a person out there who really thought this was a great idea. Now that’s a disturbing thought.
- On a more serious note, if you’ll allow me a moment: I recently watched this Ken Burns documentary about the Central Park Five and was horrified – and yet, sadly, not shocked at all. I’d somehow never heard about this case, but was hit with a deeply disturbing sense of deja vu – you could simply replace the names and be reading the story of the West Memphis Three, which happened right around the same time but in a town a lot of us could explain away as being ‘backwoods’ if we wanted (which is of course too simplistic). I think we’d have a harder time making the same excuse for this remarkably similar case in New York City. It’s an upsetting story all around and only served to remind me that I must find a way that I can support the Innocence Project, which I think is doing incredibly important work.
Ok, speechifying over. Want to see the pretties? This week’s is a particular pretty mosaic, isn’t it?! Have a good week, friends!
1. Vintage Love, 2. Yarn porn, 3. handdyed silky wool, 4. 3×6 Bee Solids Q1, 5. Embroidery Buttons, 6. New Pinnie, 7. My #mollymarkettote is complete!!!! Can’t wait to bring it to #sewsouth Pattern by @ilikeorangetoo will be released soon!, 8. Sampler block #30, Pat’s Star, 9. Gray & Yellow Crewel Dress, 10. Danish Sampler, 11. hojas nuevas, 12. This one is going to be for me. I love it!, 13. Linen patchwork pillow cover, 14. Pennsylvania quilt square in progress: close-up, 15. Teeny geese pincushion, 16. A pincushion in progress.
1. library tote, 2. “Twinkle”, 3. Sit & Stay – Embroidery Hoop Appliqué Pillows, 4. Two loves, 5. Untitled, 6. Smoke and FIre Scarf: finished!, 7. pequeño gato, 8. MT Swap Preview, 9. string X, 10. String Block for Jodie, 11. Hex Signs, 12. First stitches after 15 years…, 13. Paper pieced fox block, 14. Trick or Treat, 15. Vintage Valentine Embroidery & Applique, 16. Hawaiian Quilt
1. Rabbit, 2. Naaldzang September 21st, 2013, 3. Shaeffer Advert, 4. Pillow cover For my SSM3 partner, 5. Mr. Fox, 6. knitted toadstool ornaments, 7. Daisies, 8. Wool embroidery of Matt Sewell Illustration, 9. stitching bliss, 10. Dillard quote, 11. Bolsinha Flex, 12. 70’s Geese Mini Quilt Finished, 13. napkin 013, 14. Nine Patch Chevron quilt, 15. Red fill stitches, 16. Rainbow Arrows
1. Modern scrappy bits swap, 2. three together, 3. Untitled, 4. The Mythology of Tears: tears couldn’t save him from flying too close to the sun, 5. zippy things, 6. nettle, 7. WIP: Tea Solves Everything, 8. Hand quilting detail, 9. Fiar, 10. yes / no, 11. IMG_2893, 12. Sasquatch progress, 13. 夜合枝头别有春，坐含风露入清晨，任他明月能想照，敛尽芳心不向人, 14. In the words of @hotpinkstitches “better late than crappy” #pts, 15. Bird on a Branch I by wild roses grow, 16. thrifting today didnt buy the fish implanted bar but wanted too lol